D. Webster wrote: My greatest thought is my accountability to God.
John Wesley was so concerned with building accountability amongst his fellowships that he devised a series of questions for his followers to ask each other every week. Today, the very idea of such a procedure would horrify many churchgoers. But the Bible suggests that it is a given for growing relationships.
Chuck Swindoll, a well known preacher in the States, has seven questions that he and a group of fellow pastors challenge each other with periodically:
1. Have you been with a person anywhere this past week that might be seen as compromising?
2. Have any of your financial dealings lacked integrity?
3. Have you exposed yourself to any sexually explicit material?
4. Have you spent adequate time in Bible study and prayer?
5. Have you given priority time to your family?
6. Have you fulfilled the mandates of your calling?
7. Have you just lied to me?